Special Categories of Information
Certain types of PII are more sensitive than others. For example, your request for an accommodation of a personal condition while attending a training session could reveal sensitive information beyond general information, such as your employer or contact information. Should IIR seek to collect more sensitive information from you, we will identify the type of information being sought, why we seek it, and how it will be used. The disclosure of such information remains voluntary on your part.
Information that we collect when you attend one of our events:
- Your data could be destroyed, but you may ask us to restrict use of the data instead of deleting it and provide specifics supporting the reason for your request.
- Any physical or mental disability or impairment that you may disclose to us in the course of requesting a reasonable accommodation of your needs.
- Providing venue sites that are suitable for attendees of our events.
- Ensuring that websites are reasonably accessible to persons with disabilities.
- You have consented by providing us with the information. Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent by contacting the IIR Data Protection Office.